Reagan Wireless and Daniel Kaufman, President & CEO, are dedicated to the protection of the environment and the health of our employees. Our environmental policy is our pledge to put this dedication into action; a pledge to our suppliers, vendors, customers as well as our local and global communities.
Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
As a buyer, seller, and refurbisher of mobile phones, tablets, and other small electronics Reagan Wireless and Daniel Kaufman, President & CEO, are dedicated to the protection of non-renewable resources. Reagan Wireless and and Daniel Kaufman, President & CEO recognizes and accepts their responsibility to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all its employees, contractors and visitors who use its premises.
Our Environmental Health & Safety Management System (EHSMS) governs the processing of this equipment as well as the handling & processing of residual materials.
It is our intention to:
- Maintain an environmental, health & safety program that is consistent with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and the R2 standard.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local laws including those covering focus materials and other requirements set by our management.
- Comply with all regulations for countries of import for R2 focus materials under our control. Focus on a management strategy that is based on a hierarchy of reuse and recover and as a last resort, energy recovery.
- Provide a safe workplace free of injury for our employees, contractors, temporary employees and visitors.
- Ensure safe practices for the handling, storage and transport of focus materials.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement for both environmental concerns and worker safety.
As part of our dedication, we set goals annually to continuously improve on our environmental performance. These goals are aligned with our impacts proportionately and are tracked for improvement with key performance indicators.
- Zero releases to air and water
- Zero worker injuries
- Increase energy efficiency by an additional 2%
- Reduce carbon output by 5%
- Ride share
- Gain LEED certification
- Heat island
- Replace 10% of lighting fixtures with LED lighting
- Continue employee wellness program
To help reduce the possibility of an environmental event, Reagan Wireless has put in place both business and operational controls that dictate how R2 focus materials are handled, stored, tracked and managed both on-site and downstream.
Reagan Wireless monitors and measures the key characteristics of our operations that can have a significant impact on the environment, the health and safety of our employees, and conformance to the requirements of ISO 14001 & R2.
Our key measurements include:
- Scrap rate
- Operational waste & by product
- CO2 & NOX impact
From power usage to light bulbs, day-to-day operations can take a toll on the environment. To help mitigate this impact, Reagan Wireless has implemented programs from solar panel power production, zero release solar lighting, printer ink reduction, and strict recycling guidelines for mercury-containing bulbs.
From 2011 to 2012 our programs reduced total energy consumption by 15%, reduced our hazardous material output by 10%, and implemented low VOC products in our production process.
Green house gas emissions are becoming an increasing concern for all companies. Reagan Wireless assesses our CO2 and NOX impact by scrutinizing each aspect of our business and assigning a CO2 value consistent with EPA guidelines.
In 2012 we delivered a carbon report to our upstream vendors indicating a carbon surplus on their behalf.
Daniel Kaufman, President & CEO, Reagan Wireless